West Liberty IA, is looking for a new elementary principal! West Liberty is a majority Latino town and I would love to see the school administration be more representative of our community. The position closes next week.
West Liberty Elementary
West Liberty CSD Pre-K- 4th grade Elementary School Principal will coordinate administrative oversight and plan all phases of instructional leadership for the school including educational programming, administration, budgetary planning, discipline, and counseling services.
- Oversees the daily management of the school and office.
- Oversees educators in the school, providing periodic observations and evaluations that are timely and constructive and completed based on the timetables set by the school district.
- Offers additional training and guidance as necessary based on evaluations of professional staff.
- Ensures a productive learning environment through continual collaboration with teachers, students, and parents.
- Facilitates opportunities to connect with students by being present and available during arrival and dismissal, by appearing at school functions, and by meeting with students.
- Enforces disciplinary policies and procedures with students.
- Participates in parent meetings and conferences and acts as intermediary between parents, teachers, and students to deal with a variety of needs or issues.
- Maintains competency and student academic achievement as prescribed by the school board.
- Presides over staff meetings.
- Ensures completion of routine and required paperwork including attendance reports, test results, and licensing information for students, educators, staff, and school management.
- Ensures that necessary maintenance and repairs to the school property are performed.
- Coordinates staff development for faculty and staff; provides instruction if needed.
- Oversees and implements the school budget, approving new programs and expenditures as appropriate.
- Represents the school in community activities and meetings.
- Interacts with various stakeholders to foster a positive relationship between the school and community including the PTA, community organizations, and leaders.
- Acts as liaison between the district and the school; communicates needs and information to both sides.
- Collaborates with other principals and educators throughout the district to choose and develop curriculum and textbooks that align with local, state, and national standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to professionally and effectively communicate with educators, parents, and community leaders.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of applicable local, state, and federal educational laws, regulations, policies, and requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s in Education and School Administrator License required.
- Iowa Administrative License required
- Evaluator Approval required
- Minimum 3 years elementary teaching preferred
Here is more information about West Liberty School District: https://www.wl.k12.ia.us/